Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Alyssa's 5th birthday party decorating

The Beautiful Birthday Girl


This is one of my favorite settings. I collected the McDonalds strawberry shortcakes and used them to set the scene. I also gathered all of Alyssa's strawberry shortcake toys and tried to create a beautiful setting!




My homeade banner

these balloons were for the kids to play berry stomp. Inside each balloon was a slip of paper and treats. they had to match the fruit on the paper inside the balloon to a picture of the strawberry shortcake it belonged to, then they got a coloring book present.

I made flower shaped strawberry and jam sandwiches, then had strawberries and cream fruit salad, strawberry shortcake rolls and I also made strawberry flavored marshmallows that we dipped in vanilla frosting and sprinkled with green and pink sparkles. They were a real hit but they were so sugary.

The treat station. I wrapped the lid of a box with green and pink tissue paper. I walked around like a hostess and served cookies that were flower shaped and goody cups that had strawberry licorice and skittles

The craft station. I had strawberry and huckleberry coloring pages as well as flower and butterfly shaped foam for the kids to create magnets.


I made the paper strawberries from a free template on oriental trading.com. Then I used the picture printable from strawberryshortcake.com and added pictures of the beautiful birthday girl. The little pink book is a memory book to put about the party and what her presents were and who her guests were

My friend Sarah made the beautiful strawberry flavored cake and it was a real hit. i purchased the little figurine on top from a party website
So Alyssa's birthday was a success. I planned for a while but everything came together and as promised, i have attached photos. I went a bit overboard with the green and pink but it was a real hit. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment